- RSS Channel Showcase 8193705
- RSS Channel Showcase 7682166
- RSS Channel Showcase 7847560
- RSS Channel Showcase 7543131
Articles on this Page
- 11/21/10--01:50: _Resources for the d...
- 12/23/10--09:59: _Happy Christmas
- 12/27/10--10:10: _A week in Pembrokes...
- 01/01/11--02:24: _Walks in 2010
- 02/05/11--03:49: _Banff Mountain Film...
- 03/07/11--23:15: _10 years
- 05/08/11--02:09: _Jane on the radio: ...
- 05/18/11--09:02: _3 nights, 2 humans,...
- 08/26/11--08:18: _How are we getting ...
- 10/26/11--11:18: _Reading on the iPad
- 03/09/18--08:29: _Weight loss bootcam...
- 03/16/18--04:02: _The Biggest Sports ...
- 04/02/18--04:31: _Singapore is the Pe...
- 04/24/18--16:34: _Why You Do Not Want...
- 05/03/18--02:48: _We Know How To Teach
- 05/09/18--05:35: _A Brief Comparison ...
- 07/04/18--04:42: _Practical Money Tip...
- 07/11/18--16:53: _How to Have the Per...
- 08/03/18--03:55: _Knowing Your Body
- 10/09/18--08:20: _Do Your Carpets Nee...
- 11/21/10--01:50: Resources for the dog walker
- 12/23/10--09:59: Happy Christmas
- 12/27/10--10:10: A week in Pembrokeshire
- 01/01/11--02:24: Walks in 2010
- 02/05/11--03:49: Banff Mountain Film Festival 2011
- 03/07/11--23:15: 10 years
- 05/08/11--02:09: Jane on the radio: the photos
- 05/18/11--09:02: 3 nights, 2 humans, 1 dog and 1 campervan
- 08/26/11--08:18: How are we getting on with BT Infinity?
- 10/26/11--11:18: Reading on the iPad
- 03/09/18--08:29: Weight loss bootcamps: what to know before you go
- 03/16/18--04:02: The Biggest Sports Events Of Our Year
- 04/02/18--04:31: Singapore is the Perfect Holiday Destination for Everyone
- 04/24/18--16:34: Why You Do Not Want A Gambler To Give You Investment Tips
- 05/03/18--02:48: We Know How To Teach
- 05/09/18--05:35: A Brief Comparison of CT Scans and MRI Scans
- 07/04/18--04:42: Practical Money Tips for Travelers
- 07/11/18--16:53: How to Have the Perfect Smile in Photos
- 08/03/18--03:55: Knowing Your Body
- 10/09/18--08:20: Do Your Carpets Need Cleaning?
Since introducing Skitters into our life we’ve walked many miles, both near and far. The daily walks don’t vary much – I normally take her out along the sea front to Hove Lawns for her morning walk, Richard usually takes her out to the St Nicholas Rest Garden at lunchtime and early evenings. [...]
For our Christmas cards this year we didn’t force the dog to be a model again, but took advantage of opportunities when they arose through the year. So, one of the designs featured Skitters wearing her Christmas collar, taken in the snow of last December
whilst the other was a photograph of a Santa painted [...]
Last year, whilst we were preparing to go to the Gower peninsular we stocked up on OS maps, including one for Pembrokeshire. We spent all our time in the Gower, and didn’t use the map at all. So, we thought we’d rectify that and so decided to head there for a visit. [...]
During 2010 I walked 1282 miles in almost 675 hours (that’s 28 days) – there are traces for some of them here
Almost all of these (with the exception of the first 2 weeks in January when we were in Sydney and Tokyo) were as a result of taking Skitters for a walk. Richard [...]
Last night we attended the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour UK Edition show in Brighton. We went last year too, and if I get my way will go every year till they stop bringing it back to Brighton. It’s a great opportunity to see a variety of sports films on a large [...]
10 years ago, we posted this.
Blogger did rock then, but we finally gave up on it about 18 months ago when we finally moved over to wordpress
We don’t post very much any more, twitter and delicious (or pinboard) took our short comments and links to remember, leaving this for mainly travel related goodness.
Previously on “Jane on the radio”… we’d discovered a recording of Jane’s christening. Now we have the photos to go with it:
The write-up in Ariel, the BBC internal magazine, said:
Baby Jane made a name for herself last month when her Christening service was broadcast on Radio Humberside. The Christening, at St Nicholas Parish Church, Hull, [...]
For many years I’d been intrigued by the idea of heading off in a VW Campervan and last year I decided to investigate it a bit more and see if I could find one I could hire for a weekend that would allow us to have the dog in there with us. CampinaVDub had [...]
How do you get on with BT Infinity in general? I was going to sign up but plan to move house in < 18 months so didn’t want the contract
Good question. Moving ISP is a scary thing, better the devil you know, and all that. For us especially so as Be, our previous ISP, [...]
I like reading, and reading on the iPad is just fine. Not great, room for improvement, but mostly good enough.
I have four main book readers: Kindle, iBooks, Readmill and Google Books. The one I want to use most is Readmill. The one I actually use most is Kindle. iBooks is fine until you have footnotes [...]
If your weight loss efforts have recently hit a plateau, don’t be too concerned; it’s an experience that many of us can inadvertently run into. Perhaps some stressful experiences at home or work have led you to comfort eat, or you are already fit, but your motivation has plummeted. You might deem a weight loss boot camp just the solution; even just the phrase “boot camp” implies military-style hard work and no slacking. However, consider the following before you enrol……
There are some great moments which bring the family together every year. Christmas, birthdays and even graduations all manage to draw the whole family into one location and let us have an excuse for a party. They are great but they are a million miles away from the fun and frivolities of any sporting event. The release of the yearly sporting calendar is always a cause for getting the diaries out and planning when we can have the best excuse…
For avid travellers, Singapore has been on the bucket list for some time. However, it has recently made it on to the list of the most popular holiday destinations, and it is not difficult to see why. The metropolitan city is littered with green space, looks after visitors, and has a great reputation for its food. Singapore is known for its melting pot of cultures, those who have resided in Singapore to escape conditions in their native countries or have…
The post Singapore is the Perfect Holiday Destination for Everyone appeared first on Jane and Richard.
While gamblers are no doubt geniuses when it comes to making split-second decisions which can result in a million dollar payday they might not be the best people to look at for long-term investment strategies. This does not imply that gamblers are not good investors. No, far from it. The gambler knows which strategy to use which investment. Professional gamblers invest in casino games daily from best online casino sites and earn enough money to take care of their responsibilities…
The post Why You Do Not Want A Gambler To Give You Investment Tips appeared first on Jane and Richard.
I have been in the teaching game for over ten years. I have taught in four different schools and all of them had their challenges. The pupils were from a wide variety of social back grounds and ability levels. I know the behaviour issues and I deal with them on a daily basis. What I’m trying to say is that I know my job. Then it comes to parent’s evening and suddenly I feel like I’m under fire. This will…
Patients often find it confusing to differentiate between a CT scan and an MRI scan. To them, they may seem similar and whether you need one or the other doesn’t matter. It is important however to identify key differences of each procedure so that next time you are required to undergo a scan you’ll know exactly what to expect. Here is a comparison of common patient concerns regarding undergoing a CT scan or MRI scan. History The MRI scan is…
Travelling abroad is definitely something to look forward to. But for those who are travelling internationally for the first time, budget planning and deciding how to spend in another country can be a bit of a challenge. Here are some great practical money tips for ensuring that you have enough money with you anytime, wherever you may be on the globe. Have a Little Cash Ready While it seems obvious, this first tip is actually something that most of us…
There is nothing worse than looking like a million bucks in the mirror and like 50 cents in photos. Oh, how can those models look so flawless in photos? Well, first of all, that is their job. Secondly, it takes practice and some good tips such as those listed below. So without further ado, here is how to have a million dollar smile in photos. Smile with your eyes Or squint. But just a little bit. Basically what you are…
I was out running the other day with a good friend of mine. She does not run very often and has just started to get into running. I had just completed a good long run the weekend before, so it was a gentle run out for both of us. It gave us the time to chat and talk about life, liberty and our running. I am an experienced runner with a lot of events in my legs and the medals…
A carpet adds a nice touch to any room. There is nothing nicer than digging your toes into a lovely thick carpet as you make your way across the room. Most people only care for their carpet with a regular vacuum. However, sometimes it is worth getting in the professionals. Cleaning services can help bring your carpet back to life; read on to find out how. The Carpet Looks Dirty Despite your best efforts, over time the carpet will become…